- Multiple cases of negligent management of pregnancy, labour and delivery.
- Cerebral Palsy – £25 million (lump sum equivalent).
- Neonatal management of kernicterus leading to brain injury.
- Negligent delay in diagnosis and management of osteomyelitis in 6-month old baby.
- Multiple cases of negligent management of encephalitis, meningitis and septicaemia in neonates, children and teenagers leading to brain injury, multiple limb amputation or death.
- Delay in diagnosis of medulloblastoma brain tumour leading to major brain injury.
- Delay in diagnosis of high blood pressure leading to kidney and heart failure.
- Missed diagnosis of TB leading to the death of a 14-year-old girl resulting in Neglect Coroner’s verdict and multiple recommendations to improve TB care in West Midlands.
- Delay in diagnosis of compartment syndrome after tibial fracture leading to below knee amputation.
- Multiple cases of delayed or missed diagnosis leading to stroke or fatal brain haemorrhage.
- Delay in diagnosis leading to vision loss.
- Multiple cases of negligent surgical technique – brain, ENT, chest, abdomen, liver/gall bladder and vascular – open and laparascopic.
- Multiple cases of missed diagnosis of respiratory tuberculosis and TB meningitis leading to death or brain injury.
- Multiple cases of delayed diagnosis of cancer – brain, ENT, lung, bowel, skin.
- Fatal surgical liver injury in cholecystectomy.
- Emergency department management of excited delirium in cocaine user later collapsing in a police cell and death later in hospital.
- Delay in diagnosis of bacterial endocarditis leading to major stroke.
- Surgical injury to popliteal artery and vein in young woman undergoing routine arthroscopy resulting in need for bypass graft and risk of amputation.